Sunday, November 9, 2008

Stargate Convention

Okay. So. If you thought I was an uber-nerd before, I think I just topped all expectations.
For my 17th birthday last year, my mom got me tickets to a stargate convention, and this weekend I went.

Yes ladies and gents, I went to a real life sci-fi convention and I LIKED IT.
In fact I could even say I loved it.

To tell you the truth I wasn't expecting much. I mean, there were six actors that showed up who played various characters on SG1 and SGA, and I knew the characters they played-but I never expected to really connect them to real life people. Also, I was afraid of who I may meet there. I mean, my mom gets pretty crazy over TV-that times 200 people? that was looking to be trouble.

When we arrived there though, I found myself indoctrinated. Apparently I fascinated the masses, don't know why-but people seemed to like me, and I liked them. We talked, and I attempted to get the crowd on my side on bid so the price would stay in my range.(I wanted to get a SGA banner-they were going for like 100-200$ though. One sold for 1250$ which even shocked the shit out of the man who had just paid 450$ for an autographed picture of Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping. So yeah, me no get one).

The events were fun. Each day followed roughly the same pattern: two actors. photo ops. Signings. sprinking of auctions, music videos, and trivia.

The first day we saw Gary Jones and Dan Shea. Gary was a riot, and Shea was high on something-or needs ridolin. Or both

2nd day was: Kavan Smith and Chuck Campbell-both were funny, and Kavan was smokingggggg

3rd day was: David Nykl...the good doctor. He was HELLA funny, and we chatted a bit at the autograph signing. I told him I got the Cehkoff reference.

And the Best part of Sunday....
JASON MOMOA!!!!
(be still my beating heart)

Every now and than ia llow myself to be a 17 year old girl, and this man makes me wanna squee like a teenager at a boyband concert. He plays Ronon Dex on SGA and goooddddd is he is ever Hot. I got to take two pictures with him, and listen to him talk and play guitar and sat next to him at breakfast. I am one happy girl let me tell you that.

I also bought some merchandise. Or rather my mom bought me merchnadise.

Me? I am just thrilled, thrilled, thrilled.

And I know this post makes no sense, as I am dead tired-and I have my mind on hw, and happiness.

Maybe I will add and rearrange later.

-Cheers

1 comment:

wraithfodder said...

Actually, Dan Shea is always hyper on stage like that. Just his natural way. :)